Saturday, July 6, 2013

Memorial Day

I always feel like Holidays are super busy for Us. We try to visit both sides (Fraughton & Wiggins) every Holiday so I feel like a chicken running with its head cut off. Though its crazy busy I wouldn't have it any other way because Family is what is important and I want to share those days with the ones that matter.

So for Memorial day with the Fraughton's we went and visited the graves of our relatives that have served and ones who have passed on. It always makes me Super happy when I pass the cemetery on Memorial Day Weekend and there is decorations and flowers every where. Back in the good old days people used to picnic and have celebrations in the cemetery, so that they could be close to the ones who have passed on. Though now people would tend to think that's morbid, I wish cemetery weren't so "scary" and sad. Don't get me wrong We won't be having a picnic any time soon in a cemetery. Though I wish they were a happier place to visit more often and think of the better times:)


Then of course it wouldn't be Memorial Day with out a BBQ so we joined the Wiggins/Wardell Clan for that part of the evening.

0 comments :