Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dear Ruger (12 Months)



I find My self so emotional lately. Especially thinking of you being a toddler and not a baby. You are growing up so fast. Like the famous song "I wish I could save these moments put them in jar. Keep you just the way you are. I know I can't but I wish I could". Even though I feel that way, I still wouldn't want to go back because I LOVE the little person you are turning into. Your personality and quirks are so fun and make you a blast to raise.

I love watching you be you. Ruger you are such a busy bee. Always on the move, and keeping busy. There are so many time through out the day, you will be doing something and I think You are such your father! Daddy will always say "Just like your Mom". I can't help swell with pride. If its not exactly a compliment. Though that might seem weird to swell with pride because you do something silly I do or act like me. You are a part of Me and seeing that shine through brings Me such joy that We your father and I have made you. Why wouldn't I swell with pride:)


Holy Attitude! I didn't expect a attitude at such a young age. LIKE WOW. If you don't get exactly what you want when you want it, You will start scream/squealing. If that doesn't work you will pinch or even bite. NOT COOL. I am trying to teach You that, that isn't ok. Though lets be honest its really really hard to discipline a 12 month old. I am trying and I see some progress but it is slow VERY slow. It is working though. Mostly because everyone will laugh at your tantrums, then instantly it turns into a game and then Its really really hard to get you to stop.

Walking is now your main way to move, rarely do you crawl. I can always tell when your getting tired because your balance will basically disappear and you will fall constantly. I know it frustrates you. With a nap your back to your old self and the balance is back.

Hugs from You are probably My favorite! You will randomly stop what it is that you are doing and run and give someone a hug. Who ever you feel like give that extra little "I love you" to. Once you give the hug your back of doing your previous activity. Its so sweet to me that you will stop and want to give a hug. Just to show You love whoever you choose to hug. It just shows how sweet you are:)


You are becoming more and more independent every day. You try and doing things yourself instead of Us doing everything for you. For example you try and feed yourself by grabbing the spoon or fork. Though I know I should let you I'm not ready for that mess just yet.

You are into EVERYTHING. Cupboards, drawers, really anything you can open, that you shouldn't. Example...




You love  Daddy. You say Dad, Daddy, Dada all the time. When Dad gets home you light up and get so excited!! I love watching you two together. I am so grateful that you get to have such an awesome Father who loves you. If you happen to be napping when Dad gets home Dad waits very impatiently asking if He can just get you up right then, I say NO! So He will wait until you get up and then runs to get you ASAP. Heaven help us if you wake up before Dad has to leave for work, because YOU hate  when He leaves! Tantrum awaits. NO fun. Though I do LOVE that you love Your Father so much,  I don't love it so much at 6:30 a.m. though. We can nip that it the but and I would be just fine.
You absolutely love our family. Though Grandpa's and Uncles have your full attention. When grandpa's walk into the room your attention goes directly to them and you run into their open arms.



0 comments :