Monday, May 25, 2015

Turkey Hunt



Two weeks ago Clayton had a turkey hunt planned, and last minute He asked Me to come. So We did a trade for one night I took my youngest siblings and then the next they took ours. It was super fun it was just over a two hour drive. We laughed and talked and it was so fun to have a nice drive with out having to pass back sippy sups,snacks,toys ect...though on that note the passenger seat should be able to swivel back in forth from the front to the back, just to make it easier on Moms....hmmm million dollar idea.... Any ways... 


We were invited by My cousin Lauren and Her Husband Cody to stay in their trailer on Cody's Grandma's property. We headed out to scout for turkeys right away. I was amazed how beautiful it was down there! I love that about Utah is you drive a few hours and the scenery is totally different! 


We walked around the private property (Cody's family friend). It was so cool. We did see anything but did lots of walking and surprisingly I loved it! The first night Clayton kept looking back to check on Me every to minutes. Which was sweet. He also at one point came up to Me and had picked some wild flowers..:)


After We scouted for a little while and it got dark We headed back and stopped at a cute little diner and we tried wait for it...PICKLE PIE!! Yeah everyone gagged, I on the other hand didn't mind it. It tasted like pumpkin pie with some relish.


We stayed up late talking laughing and then got up early and headed back out. We hiked a lot and didn't see anything, Clayton was so bummed. Though the experience was so fun and I was so glad I was able to fulfill one of Clayts dreams of Me Hunting with Him.


After Hunting We all came back and took a nap..ahh a nap together that hardly ever happens, so that was a highlight!! Then Cody's Grandma had Us over for family dinner and it was so delicious and fun to meet them! We didn't a turkey but it was well worth trip and such a fun time a wonderful memories!

0 comments :