A weight off my shoulders...
I got a new job!! I am so so excited!!! I will be a para-educator aid at Fox Hollow elementary working with fourth graders who have disabilities!! Oh did I say i'm excited!!!!
A weight off my shoulders. First of all let me say that my old job was hard for many reasons here are a few:
1. I could never do anything with anyone because of my CRAZY schedule. I worked Sun-Thurs 1:30-10:00 p.m. So I was super bummed missing family things, church things, holidays, ect.
2. Physically my body was drained! I would come home exhausted. Doing EVERYTHING for 6 adult girls is hard. And I got hurt a lot.
3. Emotionally I was sucked dry. I found my self resenting Clayton (I know I shouldn't but I did) because he could go to all the family functions, he had a church calling and people actually knew him in the ward.
4. My house was lacking, BIG time. Since at work besides doing everything for my girls I would do dishes,sweep ,mop, do laundry, cook, ect. So I wouldn't want to do those things at home because A) I just did them or B) would be doing them soon.
I was so excited after completing the forms and walking out to my car and leaving the parking lot FOREVER!!!
Now as i'm writing this my heart aches just a bit... Though my job was hard, it was also so so rewarding!!! Here is a few reasons why i'll miss it...
1. The girls. Though they gave me a hard time they also had me wrapped around their fingers!! I truly already miss them. We as staff because like mother figures, even though they are MUCH older then me they depended on us so much you couldn't help but feel like a mom plus I was there with the same girls for over 3 years!! I most of all will miss when I would come on shift from my weekend and their faces would LIGHT up just from seeing me!!. In particular there is one girl that no matter what she did I still adored her, she would laugh hysterically when I had to change her because she knew it made me work what a stinker. ;) I will miss them all for different reasons from there little laughs, smiles, hugs, love, and much much more!
2. I made some amazing friendships there and will miss everyone but a few I will miss terribly. Sad thing is they still have CRAZY schedules so I doubt I will see them often or at all :(.
3. The person I will miss the most is Brittney a dear friend for life. We have gone through a lot together and have the same outlook on life so we completely understand each other, its hard to find a friend like that!! We are also both in the trail of trying to get pregnant. She has been trying just a few months more then me. So we both understand that when people say "it will happen when it supposed to" we want to punch them in that face, ha-ha just kidding....maybe ;) But honestly having someone understand the situation and not only that but also going through the same thing makes it more bearable, because you can talk about it and they understand.
All in all this is a great blessing that we've been praying for and things are falling into place because our dear Heavenly Father is looking out for us and I am so grateful!
0 comments :
Post a Comment