Vernal Trip
We have been wanting to do a Vernal trip to see all the dinosaur things. My parents took Me and My siblings when We were younger and I've been dying to go since Ruger loves all things DINO.It happened that the only time We could get fit it in was during Claytons Deer Hunt. So while Daddy was off hunting We headed off to Vernal with My Parents, and two younger siblings Daisy and Hinton.
The car ride was mostly taken up of the kids looking at the Christmas catalog for Toys R Us. I am pretty sure Ruger wanted everything in that catalog. Though it kept the kids happy.
We headed out to Vernal. I am always amazed once you leave Utah or Salt Lake County how much space there is in Utah. Not to mention the diversity in landscapes...So beautiful. I feel like every few miles We kept saying oh We need a picture!! Ok mostly Me and My Dad.
We got to the hotel before check in so We headed to Lunch. The kids were being super goof but that might have been because they were happy to be out of the car.
After Lunch We headed out to McConkie Ranch. Its private property, that has petroglyphs on the mountain behind their homes. They let people come and go as they please. The have a little shack where they have a honor box for 5$ per car. There are also stick notes everywhere and it was fun to read.
I'm glad I looked up this place before We went. One of the blogs I read said the first part of the hike was HARD but it quickly got easier. If I hadn't looked We would have turned around PRONTO! Though 90% of the hike I was holding Rylee so that was hard. Not crazy hard but a work out for sure.
The petroglyphs are WORTH IT!
There is something about looking at petroglyphs that are just memorizing. So cool. I love history and to be were someone stood hundreds plus years ago....SO awesome.
I am so bummed the color of the rocks didn't show up in the picture below. They were a almost turquoise and so beautiful.
See below Us were a few houses.
We didn't see all there was to see and I most definitely want to go back and spend more time looking and taking in all around Us.
After the hike the kids were pooped. So We headed back to the Hotel. Which was awesome. Ruger kept yelling "THIS IS THE BEST HOTEL!!" or "I LOVE OUR NEW HOTEL." Once We checked in We headed straight to the swimming pool.
Next We headed out to dinner. Then came back to the hotel. It was late by then and the kids were exhausted so We settled in. Guys it was a AWFUL night. Ruger started crying for Clayton. Rylee woke up every 30 minutes. My little brother was upset in the middle of the night so I moved the their mattress into our room. It was the AWFUL Night. The song Praying for Daylight was on repeat in My brain all night.
I was so happy and oh so tired when it was morning. We got ready and headed to breakfast. After We took a drive out to National Dinosaur Monument. It was so fun. Ruger was able to become a JR. Ranger and was beaming!! SOOO Cute.
Its such a fun weird experience seeing something your remember when you were younger and then seeing it as an adult. It was fun to see Ruger see things and know I had been that same age looking in amazement.
One thing I love about small towns, is how open everything is... so pretty!

After this We headed back to Vernal and passed Pinky the Dino who is holding a Welcome to Vernal sign. I really wanted a picture and Rylee just fallen asleep, and Ruger refused a picture. :( So I opted to get a picture by myself.
Next We headed to The Field House Museum. Rylee had been asleep for Maybe 5 minutes, So My Mom gladly offered to skip the Museum and read a book while watching Rylee. It was nice to be able to focus on Ruger and not chasing Rylee the whole time.
Our last stop was Marions. A ting little restaurant on Main sin Roosevelt. The decor, and everything else is the same as the day it opened, I believe since the 1940's. I heard they have the best Ice Cream sodas so we tired and We were not disappointed.
The ride home was AWFUL. Rylee was one grumpy girl. It was rough but We made it. It was so fun and I am so glad We went. A special thanks to My parents, who not only helped with the kids when I needed it, and for spoiling Us so much!! Though next vacation mini or not I want Clayton there next time.















0 comments :
Post a Comment