Friday, November 18, 2016

Eight Year Anniversary


When Clayton asked what I wanted to do for Our Eight year Anniversary, I said I just wanted two night with you no kids...Don't get Me wrong I LOVE our kids. Though I really just wanted US time. I feel like anytime Clayton even try's to cuddle Me or sit close, Rylee screams MY MAMA, then squeeze's in between US. So Us time was in order.

We haven't spent two consecutive nights away from the Kiddos, so I asked My parents if they could stay two nights and the said of course!  

The first day We dropped the kiddos off and I had the brilliant idea to hike to some hot springs by Sheep Creek called Fifth Hot Springs. I looked it up online. It said it was a decent hike about 2.5 miles. Easy peasy. Plug it into the GPS and headed on our way.



We drove about an hour there. We pulled off to where the GPS said to go. We weren't sure We were in the right spot decided to keep going. After 2 miles We found a sign the said Fifth Hot springs. We were on the right track We kept going. We came to a fork...and the website I looked up had said it was clearly mapped out with signs...UM NO. After the first sign There were no more signs that said what was up the next tail just tail just the numbers 15 and 9...So I said lets go this way, after a hard up hill hike and .8 miles We thought this probably wasn't the right way, not to mention there was ice in the stream next to Us which didn't seem to make sense... Ice+ Hot springs doesn't add up.


We decided to do try the other trail.. after a while We stopped for a bit and then decided to head on back... with not hot pots in sight. We had a blast though. There was no one else in sight and We talked and laughed. It was so fun and good quality time.


The weather was PERFECT, for hiking a little chilly so We weren't hot. It was so quiet, there was a babbling of the stream and the wind in the trees, every now and then a bird tweeting in the distance. It was just perfect.


We spent the rest of the day chilling at home. The next morning We went and watched Dr, Strange. I was pleasantly surprised. We both liked it. After that We headed up to Logan to stay at Anniversary Inn. The Logan location in Our opinion, has the better rooms. We picked Rich's Drive In.  It was amazing it was a full size old Ford Pick up Truck,  with the bed in the back. A projector and screen to watch movies, a two person jetted tub. It was a lot of fun.

I didn't get many pictures of Us,We were kind busy,,,,but I did get this blurry one with Clayton half a asleep...



We had such a fun time! So glad I'm married to this guy for all eternity! 

On the way home we stopped by Ruby Snap cookies in Salt Lake if you haven't gone I highly suggest going! The cookies are fabulous and the samples are Huge!



0 comments :