RIP Pumpkin
Last November Clayton (whom I begged and pleaded with) and I got our little Fancy mouse Pumpkin. Yes they are called Fancy mice, I'm just not calling her that because she acted fancy ;). When I saw her I fell in "puppy love" I mean It was when I was super baby hungry and it wasn't time yet. So of course how do you curb baby hungry-ness? You get something small and cute. While most people buy kittens or dogs(something they can cuddle) I chose a mouse. While I never got to hold her and coddle her I still babied her and cooed her.For some reason having something that depends on you really does help with the saddens of not getting pregnant. Clayton never liked the idea of a rodent in our house at all. So i'm sure the news of her death wont bother him to bad.
I don't why I'm so bothered by her death. Honestly I was trying to get rid of her, because since I got pregnant the smell has been awful. Normally I couldn't smell her because I changed her cage often and had a air freshener sitting by her cage going 24/7 but now the smell of the freshener makes me sick, and Clayton was given the responsibility of cleaning the cage and he did that not as often as I would. Then one time someone talked about taking her I got emotional! I don't know I guess after having a pet over a year you kinda bond. She always gave me comfort, funny she actually made me feel safe in a sense. This is only because if I heard any noise in the middle of the night I could blame her for it, and now there is no animal to make noise so I am sure I will jump and every little noise tonight.
Any ways I will miss pumpkin and all her little quirks! Love you little pumpkin!
1 comments :
My condolences...
Post a Comment