Christmas Time
This year I can't wait for the Holidays, I don't know why but I am super excited this year. The other day while I was making dinner I turned on some Christmas music. Now normally I roll my eyes whenever my mother would start listening to Christmas music in October. Although this year I just cant contain my excitement. I don't know if the child with in me is actually bringing out my inner child but whatever it is I LOVE IT!! :)
Each year my Mother puts up her Christmas village. This village has grown over the years but the Tradition that comes with it has been going on as long as I can remember! Every year boxes and boxes would be brought in from the garage and we (the kids in the family) would all wait anxiously to have the village complete (this would take hours Because my Mom has to pull everything out and set everything up and then move everything around till every house and shop is just where she wants it.
Once the village was all set we would have fight over who's house is who's and where we all worked. When Clayton and I were first married I introduced him to our tradition and told him we had to pick a house. I'm not sure it means as much to him as it does to me but he still acts excited for my sake. It something so simple but so fun to my family, its so fun to watch Daisy and Hinton pick out there house and where they live in our little village.
Now my collection is nothing compared to my Mothers but someday it will. So what is all the fuss about? Well here is the Wiggins Christmas Village...
0 comments :
Post a Comment