Part-Time Mommy
Friday night we went to Clayts softball (he plays on a team for his work) game. We called the hotline several times on the way to see if the game was cancelled(it wasn't). It was FREEZING! There was even a few snow flurries. We arrived and found some of his team mates sitting on the benches. One of them was sitting with his two little girls. He turned to me (mind you we had no introduction he just saw me with Clayton.) and asked "Are you a mother?" ME: "No not yet." He then asked " Any nieces or nephews?" I nodded. He then said "Well that counts, do you mind being a PART TIME MOMMY for a bit." Me: "Of course Who do we have here?" He then asked me my name and continued to introduce me to his girls that were two and four. He then told them I would sit with them and I was his friend Meghan.
Then he ran of to the field. The two girls (cute as ever by the way) Were wrapped up in a big blanket. I had a blanked my self but they looked so cold I sat right next to them and wrapped them up in my blanket. Another guy saw me fiddling with the girls and the blankets. He said " I have a blanket in my car do you want to use it?" I replied that would be awesome!" He ran to in car and got us a HUGE and FLUFFY blanket. I then wrapped the third blanket around them. How sweet? There are so many good people in this world. For the next forty odd minutes we talked and giggled!! They were so darn cute, but what wiggle worms. I couldn't keep the youngest wrapped more then a few seconds before she was showing me something or standing up yelling DADDY DADDY HI HI!! Oh it was so fun. I think if those to little ones weren't there I would have just been annoyed and grumpy it was so cold but they made it fun!
I was sitting next to another lady, and we chatted here and there through out game. At one point she asked "wait those aren't your girls?" I replied "NO, I just met them a few minutes ago." I guess I just have that "mommy look:)" I cant wait till that is me sitting with my little ones watching their daddy playing softball and for Clayt to look into the stand and wave to his little ones and see them light up when they see they got their daddy's attention!! What fun experiences to look forward to!
Oh did I mention they did a double forfeit because there wasn't enough players? Though they all still played just for fun. Boys will be boys though right? And whats a few snow flurries any way?
2 comments :
I can't wait for that day either, or when their teenagers. . . lol!
I know you cant wait till they are here for the cuteness, but for when there teenagers that might be hoping for some pay back ha! love ya!
Post a Comment