Saint George
My best friend lives in Canada booo ;) but they make there way down here usually a few times a year, This go around due to scheduling conflicts, She wasn't able to make it to Utah County. So We planned a Summer Trip to Sunny Saint George (Her parents live there).
Thankfully our husbands and kids get along great so Clayton was more the willing to use some vacations days up.
So We headed down Sunday Morning. I had made a count down chain for Ruger and when He woke up and saw only one chain left he squealed in delight, it was so freaking cute. On the way down we managed to stop four times in two hours and by that time had only made it to Fillmore...
This time I made these awesome lap trays. They helped so much. Keep markers, toys and snacks all in one spot.
We got to the Hotel and settled in. We stayed at Saint George Inn and Suite. While its no 5 star hotel, it will now be our go to hotel. It has an indoor and outdoor play ground. An indoor pool, and outdoor with the outdoor pool they also have a kiddie pool that is only 2 feet deep. So Rylee could walk around and be more independent. So win win.
We went swimming, and the kids used puddle jumpers. While they don't keep the kids completely upright they totally HELP! Ruger had a blast. He could swim, while We were close by. It was so fun for Him to have fun in the water. Its funny to see Ruger change, and learn to love new things.
The next morning We got up and went to check out some Petroglyphs at Bloomington Park. It was so cool, it was in the middle of a neighborhood. A little plot with three HUGE rocks. I love ancient History. So stand where people years and years ago stood, writing what I assume was important to them. Is such an amazing experience.
We weren't expecting the petroglyohs to be so closes so We were able to squeeze in another hike before it got to hot. We wanted to go to Turtle wall, but the Red Rocks were so pretty off the trail and way closer;) so We opted for that.
After the Hike it was getting pretty hot, So we cooled off while We ate lunch. Then went to Rugers Favorite place in Saint George Judds General Store. We also went and visited The Brigham Young Home. So much History! So cool.
The kids were pretty wiped, the hiking and heat was enough to wear any of Us out. So We headed back to the hotel to cool off and rest.
When the kids got up We were all starving so We headed to check out Twenty Five Main. SERIOUSLY GOOD food. If your ever get the chance GO and get the cupcakes there! You wont regret it!!
We met up With Logen and Her kids after dinner. The kids hadn't seen each other in months, but the way the kids jumped into playing and goofing off you would of thought they spend all there time together. I love that about kids. They are for the most part so kind and sweet. Everyone is there friend.
We went to the Red Cliff Gardens. Its one of My favorite places. Its Beautiful, peaceful and gorgeous. Best part is its free. The kids ran all over, jumped over the creeks giggling all the way.
The sunset, and We headed back to the Hotel and the kids played outside for forever. I love see our kids interact. Just so fun to watch.
The next Morning Logen had to pick up Braden from the Airport so We headed out to Glitter Mountain. I had looked up a bunch of places to go and visit. Glitter Mountain was one of them. I was following directions from a blog and just when We thought We were lost, glitter Mountain appeared. It was so fun and cool. It was more like a hills but the gypsum glittered so much and it was everywhere, Just for the taking, Super cool. It is an old abandoned gypsum mine, and your welcome to take whatever you can.
Ruger said it was the Most Glitters He ever seen, Rylee kept ooohhhing and aaahhhing. We had to pry the away.
After Glittler Mt. We headed to Logens Parents to meet up with The Armsworthys. The boys headed out for guys time. They went to a an indoor shooting range. Logen and I stayed with the kiddos and hung out, which is our favorite pass time. The kids had blast.
When the guys got home We decided to head back into town and make another Judds store run and then headed over to middle of town for a carousel ride and cool off at the splash pad.
We picked up some food and just hung out. The weather and company was just perfect. I miss it so! Once the sun started to set We headed back to the hotel for swimming. Guys I so wish our Friends lived closer. Its amazing how much more fun you have with other adults that have kids. The kids entertain each other and I can actually talk about Adult things..one day....ahh one can dream.
The kids were pretty wiped So we all turned in for the night. Poor Rue had something that night. He kept walking up an shaking...it was heart breaking. Clayton gave Rue a comfort blessing and Rue soon settled down. At one point Ruger woke up with Clayton and I on either side of Him anxiously watching Him. He asked where Rylee was and when We said She was asleep on the other bed right next to Us He fell right back asleep. I love even when Hes sick and exhausted He worried about His sister. We still are not positive what was wrong that night I am sure it was just exhaustion and being in the heat and doing so much. I'm glad nothing else came of it and Hes fine.
The next morning We followed the Armsworthys to Crawdad Canyon. It was tucked into a small canyon perfectly shaded. The kids caught fish and crawdads.
Driving back to Saint George We passed over Snow Canyon and had to stop. I mean come on, how beautiful is this...
We headed to get lunch after the canyon. We tired out One Hot Grill. It was super yummy, definitely will be heading back on our next trip. After Lunch, Logen has some errands. So We chilled at Her parents with Braden and the kids.
All the sudden the weather was CRAZY! seriously crazy rain, hail and thunder. I've never heard thunder that loud before. Then not even 10 minutes later, it was sunshine.
We headed to the Red Cliffs next. Braden gave Us all heartaches getting so close the edge!! We decided that next Red Cliffs sans kids next time. To scary for this Mama;)
Sadly We had to get going after our Hike. I hate goodbyes! Especially to this girl!!!
Though We did and after a few minutes packed up the kids and left a little heavy hearted. We usually know when then next time We will see each other,and this time We didn't which made it that much harder.
I have to say I love long drives with Clayton. We just talk, goof off and sing songs. On the way back the kids fell asleep for the most of the drive. So We were able to have more Us time. There was a storming brewing on the horizon, and it was beautiful. I snapped this blurry picture and it just reminds of that feeling, of that moment having Clayton singing next to be, My favorite song He sings. Hand in Hand. Sleeping babies in the back. Coming home form a wonderful vacation, with wonderful friends. I AM SO BLESSED. This out of focused picture reminds Me just that...

























0 comments :
Post a Comment