Sunday, May 15, 2016

Saint George Trip


We went to Saint George as My Mothers Day present. I am not going to lie, this year I wanted a Mothers Day to Myself. Normally We are running back and forth between Our Mothers. I love Our Moms so very much and they NEED and I WANT to celebrate them. That being said I kinda wanted a day to Me, to enjoy My little Family and the kiddos and Man that made Me a Mother...

Well it didn't work out the way I wanted So our Saturday and Sunday filled up with plans to visit Moms,  but Clayton I think could tell I was still wanting a day to Just Us. So He said Meg We are going to Saint George. We left Sunday at 5:00 because We were trying to wait to talk to Dallen, who is on a mission. Though ended Face Timing because We needed to hit the road.

Road-trips are some of My favorite Childhood Memories. As We made our first pit stop, I was flooded with Memory's of pit stopping with My parents.. and later I text My parents a picture and My Dad text back it was so weird that I had MY OWN family vacations now. To which I replied basically  the same sentence. It is so fun to see the vacation through a parents perspective. We did most everything this kids would love. Planning the trip around their abilities and likes. I wouldn't have done it any other way. Ruger did so well driving, the books and movies helped. He did ask every twenty minutes if We were at the pool yet;)



Heading out We were a little concerned with Little Miss Rylee. She had had Bronchitis for the last few days and showed signs that it was not getting better and maybe worse. We ultimately decided to go and If it got worse We could call or see a doctor again. She SLEPT THE WHOLE WAY DOWN, once at the Hotel, She played for two hours and then slept from 11:00 - 7:30!! She woke up a healthy and HAPPY girl!

We started our Day of with breakfast and then headed straight to the pool, Ruger was in a big hurry to get to the pool since it was closed When We first got there. Our last hotel stay (a month ago) He was wanting to be every where and jumping in and out of the pool as long as We were holding Him. This time We  got floaties since He was so fun last time. Even with floaties on He only wanted to stay on the stairs...so We took turns playing on the stairs With Ruger and Rylee or swimming. Rylee was so funny She to wanted to stay on the stairs, where she would jump from the middle step, over and over and over again. The smile on Her face was worth it though;)

After the pool We headed to Saint Georges Dinosaur Museum. It is mostly fossilized footprints. Which I found super interesting. The fact that I was walking where dinosaurs had was super cool. They even and some footprints where the skin impressions were super detailed. Rylee kept reaching up and grabbing Clayts hand threw out the Museum and it kinda melted My heart...



We went to Red Hills Desert Gardens, Its a beautiful open to the public. It was free which I found so cool because while was looking it up it was a 3 million dollar project! It had a stream running through it with koi, pathways, lots of cactus, and red rock everywhere. Rugers favorite part was the lizards, Ruger and Clayton chased them everywhere. It was SO BRIGHT hence the bright pictures and squnity eyes.



The Gardens where right on the Red Cliffs hence the name I am sure;) Any who above that park We were able to go hiking. The boys were super into it...and made Me one VERY nervous Mama...Other then being worried I was really impressed with Ruger and His climbing skills. We hadn't planned on hiking so We all had flip flops on which made it even harder.



Rylee was so done and need a nap, So we headed into town to grab something to eat. We ate at the Bear Paw. It was sooo yummy. Old school diner feel and looks. So good though I highly suggest you try the Paw Club Sand-which.

As Rylee took Her nap with Clayton, Rue and I headed to soak are feet in the pool and introduced Him to the hot tub...

Yeah He is now a HUGE fan. It was nearly impossible to pull Him away. Though with a promise of the Candy store it wasn't to hard;) We got ready for dinner and headed out to Judds General Store. I heard online that they had super yummy old fashions sodas and treats. The store is a super cute old building in the Old Historic part of Saint George. We all got a drink and the kids got a lollipop as big as their faces.

We wanted to do the Children Museum but, sadly its only open to members on Mondays. Lucky Us there happen to be a Carousel and Splash pad right next door which I think the Kids loved even more then they would have being inside.

We played forever, the splash pad was really fun and the kids had blast. I am really diggin Splash Pads with littles. Way more enjoyable and less stressful for Mommy and Dad.

We headed out to dinner next to Texas Roadhouse which is always good. After Headed back to the pool for so more swim time. Sadly no pics, but after swimming We shared the hot tub with a family. I told Clayt on of the girls looked familiar and happen to be from Lehi and the Dad was a Brother to A lady who used to Run a Pre School in My Home Ward. Small world;)

The next morning We opted out of the free breakfast at the hotel. Slept in and went to eat at Black Bear Diner. Which is super yummy and HUGE proportions. The kids loved the Bear theme.



After We headed to Snow Canyon Park which was BEAUTIFUL. We hiked up to some pioneer names written in wagon oil, which was really cool. I am sure those pioneers thought some day people will see these, and over a hundred years later here We are seeing them. The kids loved it! Ruger kept saying follow Me guys this way...and then asked where do I go Mom? ha ha! Ruger was on the look out for Lizards and Bunnies.





 THE best part of Snow Canyon is you can drive a few minutes in and you can see the Red , Black and White rocks. SO breathtakingly beautiful!

Rylee had fallen asleep after that Hike so We decided to take advantage and start the drive home. 

On the way home I wanted to take a little detour and stop at a little ghost town, not much there but some walls and a tiny cemetery. I am So glad Clayton humors Me and My little spur of the moment detours and Ideas. I kinda Love Him, LIKE A LOT;)

We had such a great time and already planning our next trip!


0 comments :