Atkins Family Reunion
Can I just say what A difference a year makes? Last year was Ruger's first camping trip when We went to the Atkin Family Reunion and this year was much better. This year actually listened to Me and was playing with all His cousins and it made for a much better experience.
We got there around lunch time Friday and first We set up camp. Then all the boys were itching to go fishing so off We headed to Strawberry Reservoir. I love Strawberry its beautiful the only downside is that there is NO shade. We made the best of it though! Clayton HAD to go get Ruger is very own fishing pole. It had this fake fish on the end that you could cast out and reel in. Grandma Atkins was trying to show Rue this and Ruger thought she was throwing His fishy away and had a few mini melt downs. Ruger is just like His daddy though and LOVES the fishing experience but throwing the rocks still has the number one place in His heart.
We also caught crawdads and it was SO fun seeing My niece and nephew ewwwing and squealing once the had the crawdads in the net. It was funny Uncle Nic called Rue and Zoey over to see the crawdads and Rue was quick to FREAK out but Zoey (who is 6-ish months younger) was all I wanna see Dad!
I have to say that seeing Rug and Clayton interact is one of My FAVORITE things! It just melts My heart... I know that Clayton is so glad to have His boy where they can bond over everything and anything boy. I don't think its an issue of them not ever liking the same things because Rue is into anything Daddy is.
Beside the whole NO shade thing its really is beautiful and was wonderful place to fish.
After fishing We went back and ate and then tired to take a nap...HA yeah tying to get a kid to take a nap in a tent and out in the "wilderness" is a JOKE. Though Clayton let me take one and took Rue to go play with His cousins.
Speaking of cousins I loved seeing them all play together. I think they love that Rue is to a playing stage and not the baby stage like last year. I love seeing the bond of cousins form. Some of My fondest memories are with My cousins along with some of My best friends today are My cousins. So seeing these interrelationship blossom melts My heart.
Who knew water could be so exciting!
The rest of the time was spent playing games eating lots of food. Rue had WAY to much sugar but I don't regret it one but because it was a blast and it was so fun just to spend time with family.
I had to post these pictures even though most of them are blurry but there were worth sharing...
1. Clayton laughing while playing horse shoes...
2. Ruger let Uncle Nic HOLD HIM this was monumental!
3. By the Lake there is the cutest General Store and it HAS AMAZING Fudge:)
4. Jenny photo bombed Us and had to post ;) Rue isn't drunk I Promise not as for a sugar high I can't deny that...
As always it was such a FUN reunion and I am so glad We went. I am not sure if We will go next year though because the thought of chasing a little 7 month old doesn't sound very fun at all ;)







0 comments :
Post a Comment