Camping Salamander Flats 2014
We went camping twice this year. The first time was with My family and We went up to Salamander Flats up American Fork Canyon. It was nice except it was SO dusty and extremely hot between the hours or 10-5 other then that it was a blast :)
Back to Dusty part it literally just dirt everywhere which meant kid HEAVEN!! Not so much for this Mom. Though I am learning its OK for kids to get dirty...I mean its hard for me not to hurry and wipe the dirt away but I am getting better and this place made it easier because I didn't want to constantly be wiping Ruger down.
I love Camping, the outdoors the way time doesn't run our life's. Having nothing to do but what you want. Which for Us is family time, hikes and of course yummy food.
Its no secret these two are best buds. Though I LOVE capturing the moments of them bonding:)
I love My dad. He can always make any situation fun but He can also make anything into a spiritual moment and making it fun for the kids. The second night We were there We were sitting around the fire and My dad told the first half of the story of Joesph Smith. The next morning We got up and He finished the story up to the point where Joesph went and found the scriptures. So We all went on a little hike and found a little box that had been painted to look like rock. There was a small copy of The Book Of Mormon, Urim and Thummim (glass stones) and a picture of Joseph Smith.
It was a great trip besides the dust and heat ;) Though next time I don't think I will be going camping while being pregnant because air mattress, migraines and heat don't mix well. Other then that We made great memories.





3 comments :
That looks and sounds so fun! I don't remember hearing about any of that. Love your Dad's Joseph Smith activity :)
Love seeing the pictures. Your mom didn't post anything! Wish we could all do a huge camping trip sometime!
Thanks Jenny and Gail!!:)
Post a Comment