Monday, January 14, 2013

Teething Bites

I think Ruger's teething, I say think because there are no teeth yet but,

  1. He has a pool of drool that's his constant companion.
  2. He Bites/attacks everything!
  3. When he's fussy teething tablets work like a charm
  4. The doctor said most likely He is teething they just haven't popped up yet.
The other night broke both our hearts. Ruger had settled down in bed. We were out in the living room and We hear the saddest cry. I ran into the bedroom to find him still crying but asleep! Still with his Binki in his mouth. So sad. He stopped so we just let him stay in his crib.

A few minutes later we settling into bed and  it happened again!!! Normally if Ruger is crying and I pick him up He settles down right into my arms and is back to sleep...not this time with his eyes still closed and the sad cry EVER still coming out at full steam, I put him in bed and went to get some Tylenol and a bottle.

Now normally When Ruger gets in our bed he will just lay next to Clayton and Clayton will talk to him or give him is Binki (or me whoever is the one staying in bed with Ruger). However when I brought the bottle and medicine back to the bedroom Clayton had scooped him up cuddling him trying to console him. It was so sweet to see Clayton so concerned and worried trying everything to make our poor baby stop crying. I gave the medicine and a bottle. Soon he was off to dream land and didn't cry again. Traumatized I let him sleep with us all night just in case He woke again but to my delight he only woke to eat :)

I don't think people realize how BAD teething hurts. I do however. How you may ask? Well I was a late bloomer with my teeth I mean  my first teeth didn't fall out forever. Like FOREVER! The dentist was baffled at my teeth. For example my  two front teeth wore down to only a white sliver. The middle had a whole to gums. My point?I was teething way longer then any child should ever. So I experienced teething at an age where I can remember then pain. So next time your little one is teething, remember it really does BITE!

2 comments :

L&B Armsworthy January 15, 2013 at 6:26 PM  

Ohh the poor little guy :( and I'm sorry you had to go through that! When Linken teethes I can't find anything that works except Tylenol and even that doesn't work too well!

Unknown January 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM  

I'm glad you told me the gel doesn't work. Now I wont waste my time:)