Tuesday, March 4, 2014

18 Months


know I know I am so behind Ruger is actually just over 19 months now. So this update includes everything up to date.

I know I say this every time I write about Ruger but I can't believe that He is already 19 months! Its weird I can't believe its been 19 months since I held him for the first time but at the same time Its hard to imagine life with out Him and. I tell Clayton all the time I always think about having a break whether He is at Grandma's or I am just running to the store by myself. I find myself missing Him as soon as He is gone. Clayton I think gets a little annoyed because if were on a date I can't stop talking about him...I guess that's what you do when your job is with you 24/7 ;)

Ruger though very adorable has become a very big tantrum thrower. They say terrible two and that's is just bologna seriously. If he doesn't get his way or wants something He can't have one or all of a few these things WILL happen.

1. Bang his head on floor, wall anything He can. (I hate this) He will then cry because it hurts (if I can't stop him in time). Well duh that hurts... silly boy. It kills me He can remember where I hid a toy or treat but not that floor+head= OUCH.
2. Scream his little head off...yikes that kid hits a high note that should only be heard by dogs.
3. Close His eye. He squeezes His adorable bright blue eyes as tight as He can. With the thought of If I can't see you, you can't see me. Nice try kid.
4. Yelll MOM over and over again. Never disliked the word so much as in those instances.

Besides the awful tantrums He is such a sweetie, loving, funny, and just out right a goof ball. Funny how someone can be all of those things, especially in the space of 20 seconds.

See a goofball...



He is such a tender heart at times. He gets up set when other kids cry and tries to comfort them. The other day I was trying to get a hug and started to fake try (yes I was munitpulating my so for a hug) and he started to cry too...goober.

He loves babies! When he sees one it's just baby baby! He will just sit by them and hug them. I think he wants a sibling.


I think My favorite times with him is when He is doing His own thing and will stop and just run give me a hug, kiss or tell Me he loves Me.

My baby is in Nursery...Um this is CRAZY!! I don't know why its crazy maybe because it make Me feel weird that I have a kid in Nursery... Its hard to explain either way its just CRAZY. I am in Nursery with Him as well so It makes it easy, If I had to leave Him it would be MUCH MUCH harder. He also has started to sing in Church though way off tune and really loud its still is one of the most adorable things!


Ruger has become so independent. Though I love seeing Him figure out new things or try new things. It also make it harder and way more time consuming. Everything takes so much longer and messier. A lot of times Ruger will start to throw a fit and I realize its because He wants to do whatever it is by himself.

This picture was at the Zoo. He wouldn't stay I. His stroller but He wanted to push and if I tired to help...YIKES!

He is such a talker. He says over 25 words now and has started to say short sentences or more like stringing a few words together. examples are.
1. I love you. 2. Let's go 3. Where'd it go? 4. There it is  5. want cheese ( He loves Cheese obviously) 6 want out (of the bath tub).

I love how little ones see the world. Every Child is a friend, everything is so magical and cool! Like last night at his first basketball game and the refs blew a whistle he would eww and awe. New things can be so fun or scary. A few weeks ago I tried to be super mom and did bath paints. It was all good and fun until the water started turning colors. You would have thought by his reaction that I had put acid in the water. Though Yesterday we tried glow sticks in the tub and it was a much better reaction:)


He has started to make connections. If we pull up to Grandma's He exclaims GRANDMA... which is adorable. He is getting good at names of family members but when We ask him to say Hinton He will say Daisy. He calls grandpa and grandmas both grandma or grandpas. Though He can say both.

When Ruger isn't getting His way he immediately will sadly say someone else's name. Normally it's Daisy or Grandma...

Ruger is always making everyone around Him laugh and or smile. He will now say HI!! to people at the store which gets an awesome reaction. He does this hop skip jump thing when He run and its kinda dorky but adorable at the same time. He has just started calling farts bubbles which I am not sure how He made the connection but still so funny!

A few of Rugers favorites at the moment.
TV show: Jake and the Neverland pirates 
Food: Cheese. Crackers or Cookies
Activity: dancing!! 
Game: hide and seek. Which really is just him saying hide hide!! And he hides we find him:)
Treat: smartie suckers(uncle Derrick always have one for Him everytime they see each other!)

All in all We love you Rue. You make life so much harder and better at the same time! I wouldn't want to have to go a day with out seeing your smile and hearing you laugh. Or having you call My name and run to me!

0 comments :