I was super nervous for our Family Reunion last week. It was Ruger first time camping and I wasn't sure how He would handle sleeping outside and how I would do with Him being dirty! Surprising it went really well! The first night was super cold. I wasn't expecting it to be cold at all. I mean it August and its been bloody hot!! I mean it was see your breath cold. I luckily had over packed for Ruger. Clayton the night before asked if I really was bring all that (pointing to the HUGE pile of clothes). I packed several outfits for all kinds of weather. So He was dressed warm enough for nights and mornings plus sleeping between Clayton and I meant He was toasty. The next two nights weren't bad because we end using the sleeping bad we brought which we didn't the first night.
Ruger was a champ even through the rain! That might have been because during the worst of the rain storms we hung out in Grandma and Grandpa Atkins trailer. I am sure the Movie playing and snacks helped to. It didn't hurt to have lots and lots of helping hands to hold or follow Ruger.
There were as-fault and cement trails everywhere so that helped with the whole Me being crazy about Ruger getting dirty, To My surprise Ruger was really clean the whole time. I few wipes was all it took to keep clean.
Here are so of the best moments:

1. Ruger wanted to climb everything and anything. Nanna had it under control.
2. Flying in the air can't beat that.
3. I finally got to cuddle My baby! He crashed and I took advantage of it.
4. Eating cobbler and watch a movie on the projection screen.
5. Of course we had to have a tantrum here and there.
6. Jaxen couldn't stay up any longer.
7. Ruger passed out on the way to the cabin from camping. To much fun.
8. Some of the kids at reunion. They were so fun!
9. Ruger got some kind of sugar every night before bed, He loved it. Though it made him super hyper and then He crashed.
Of course if all else fails you can just put your child in a dog kennel. We did it as a joke because He kept wanting to run everywhere. Though He didn't want to get out.
We had to capture Ruger's famous kisses. Wide open mouths.
1. I love the few moments He would just sit on My lap and enjoy the outside together.
2. Family picture, its not the best but hey memories right?
3. Ruger loved the water spigot, luckily He couldn't reach the handle.
4. Ruger and Great Grandpa Atkins.
5. I bought this stroller on the way to the campout because our other one is just to big. Now I'm thinking He is almost to big for the stroller.
6. Grandpa Atkins and His youngest grandchildren.
7. Cousins. I love watching Ruger interact with cousins.
8. Brothers helping cook.
9. Link loved cuddling Zoey.
We had a blast I loved being outside and having Ruger explore and experience camping because that is were some of my absolute favorite childhood memories are.
0 comments :
Post a Comment