Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mothers Day

This Mother Day was a totally new experience for Me. It was My first "Offical Mother's Day" being that I'm a Mother now. It shed a whole new light. Normally Its about the Mother's in my life, and while Clayton always has given Me a gift on Mother's Day its not the same being a Mother to be as it, it is being a Mom.

The morning started with Clayton waking me up to breakfast. We were trying to have a yummy quite breakfast, though Ruger thought that "quite breakfasts" are over rated so He woke up before the first bite. So Ruger joined us for breakfast and present opening.

I started reading/opening My gifts and to My surprise I started tearing up with the first gift and it continued through out breakfast. Clayton assured Me, that it is completely normal, to get teary eyed on Mother's Day. I got a adorable "hand" bouquet, and a poem with Ruger's foot prints that didn't turn out perfect, though that makes it "perfect" in its own way. Clayton got Me a "Night of Relaxing". Including a detailed card on how to relax, aka candles, warm bath, bath salts, and of COURSE CHOCOLATE!


I truly have learned the Joy and Love that comes from becoming a Mother. I learned I love it more and more every day! Though  I've also learned how hard, and trying the world of Motherhood can be. My heart strings have been stretched and plucked so much, not only from joy but from heart ache, seeing  Ruger going through pain or hurting any way, makes my own heart mirror the pain. Its hard seeing your child hurt. At the same time its amazing how much  your heart can swell with love and pride. I guess all the good things make up for the hard ones.

I'm so grateful for the honor and blessing of being able to be called Mother,or momma/mom  as Ruger would say. To my own Mother and Mother-in-law Happy Mother's Day as well because Its hard work and you two have done an amazing job!! 

0 comments :