Ruger K.C. Fraughton
Wow he is finally here!! I can't believe it!! So here is how it all went down....
Its no secret I have been ready for him to come out for A LONG time. Since 37 weeks I was expecting him to come any day since both Mollie and my Mom went early with there first. I tried everything you can think of to get him here....I walked, ate pineapple, curbs, nipple stimulation with and with out a pump, squats, oil, swinging, moutian drives, castor oil the list goes one but i'll stop there ;) Any who Monday morning came and I was SO READY I mean making it the full 40 weeks was so hard...I couldn't imagine going over. So I called the doctor asap and asked if I could come in and just get checked out. They had a opening and had me come in right away.
When I got to the doctor he checked me and to my dismay I hadn't made ANY progress...my heart sunk. Dr. Lamoreaux suggested that we go on a long walk. I really honestly didn't want to walk...everything I've tried in the past hadn't worked and I was so tired. Some how I got the energy to go on a walk and a walk we did. THREE FLIPPING MILES!! This wasn't a picnic either for those of you who are familiar with American Fork we walked up and around the temple and down Merry Polly hill (spelling?) then down 300 and up caveman blvd. to my moms. Now there is two pretty nasty hills in that walk...man it was hard. Not to mention it was a million degrees. Ok probably 80 but still it was so flipping hot. At the end of the walk I showered at my moms and stood in the cold shower for what felt like forever but still couldn't cool down. After our walk and shower I ate some Eggplant parmigiana (left over from the night before) Its also supposed to bring on labor.
Then Clayton and I headed back to the doctors to see if we had any progress. Dr. Lamoreaux did the exam and said your still a two (my hear sunk) BUT your 80% efaced and his head is so low so I want you to go on down the the hospital. I couldn't BELIEVE my ears!! I looked and Clayton and then back to Dr. lamoreaux and said WAIT WHAT?!? He again said Head down the hospital and I will break your water lets have this baby!!! He then left the room and could hardly get my clothes back on A because I was so exhausted and sore from the walk and B I was SO excited. The next few minutes we filled with giddy phones calls and us just smiling like crazy:) We headed home got our bags and headed down to the hospital.
The whole ride down I was so nervous that we would get there and they would say Actually your not progressing so were sending you home. Clayton kept assuring me they wouldn't because the Dr. and told me to come. We got to the hospital and they started the process of admitting me. At one point I asked my nurse if She was sure I was going to stay till baby came. She said she would double check. She came back and said that Dr. Lamoreaux said in front of all the nurses I was staying so no worries. To be completely honest I was still worried. I know silly right?! So they hooked me all up got my Iv and paperwork all done and the waiting began. Oh by the way we got to the hospital around 1:00 P.M. Then the family started to arrive. We had a big crowd in there but it was so worth it. The guests of honor included...
My mom, my dad (made it till about 2:00 A.M.), Mollie (only made it till 12 a.m. she sadly wasn't feeling well) Clayton's Mom, Jenny, Nichole, Tiffany, and Clayts dad was in and out and came in after I was all stitched up.
I was having back labor and the contractions were getting worse, and I didn't want to feel it more then I had to so we called in the Nurse to order the epidural. OK FIRST OF ALL IF YOU DON'T GET ONE YOUR CRAZY BECAUSE THAT'S THE BEST YOU HAVE FELT IN 9 MONTHS AND THE BEST YOU WILL FEEL IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS!! Trust me after birth pains AHH none ever told me how bad those hurt!!
I was taking forever to dilate so they decided to give me potocin and with that I dilated pretty darn fast. Ruger was facing sunny side up the said and he was having a hard time getting past my pubic bone. The Doctor seem to think he would come out with pushing in about an hour. Well an hour came and then two...he would keep coming in and stretch me out and say doing great for about 5 min. then pat my leg and say keep going i'll be back in a few minutes to check you again. My heart would sink and my eyes would well up with tears. Clayton Kept trying to in courage me and say your doing awesome! I had to tell him to stop because I new there wasn't any progress....I could tell in the mirror (OK BAD IDEA!!! Maybe if I could have seen progress but I couldn't so it just stressed me out Plus seeing yourself all stretched out for the world to see not so awesome...) So finally the third hour came. Dr. said that I had three options.
- Forceps
- C-sections
- Keep trying to push.
I did have to get cut and I'm stitched from one end to the other. Yikes I tell you...YIKES.
The next few days were all a blur people coming and going to see Ruger and us. To be completely honest I don't remember much of it.
I am healing but at a slow rate my stitches KILL and I found out I have a infection in my uterus which hopefully the antibiotics will get rid of that fast. Wanna know something crazy only 2% of women who have a vaginal delivery get a uterus infection. SERIOUSLY?! I need to be grateful its not worse. I really am grateful there's so many things that could have happened that didn't' so we are so BLESSED:)
This past week has flown by I can't believe that he is 8 days old!! Time fly's. I've had a hard time healing so My family has been amazing at helping us through the nights. Grandma and Grandpa Wiggins have both spent two nights since the hospital so we can sleep. My amazing aunt Linda has watched Ruger so I can sleep and when I had to go to the doctors. A HUGE THANK YOU TO THEM:)
Ruger is doing amazing :) He is such a sweet and calm baby lets hope it stays that way. Last night Clayton was holding Ruger kinda bouncing him and Ruger laughed!! Cutest thing ever!! He smiles all the time and yes half the time I believe its gas related but the other half I know there is more to those smiles...
Clayton is amazing with Ruger. The perfect daddy. I love sharing these experiences with him.
Well that's all I got for now, pictures later:)
0 comments :
Post a Comment