Oh Boy!!
Yeah its a BOY!!! We couldn't be more excited!! I was actually surprised because I for sure thought I was having a girl first, but I wouldn't trade Ruger for the world!! It was funny before we found out we were having a boy I was driving down state street in Orem to pick up Clayton from work when I passed Gunnies (sporting goods store) and There sign said "RUGER 2012" so there's a sign right there!
So here's how we found out...
Clayton and I were at Babies R' Us trying to buy these diapers that were on sale and of course they were all out, so Clayton asked if I wanted to look around. I soon became frustrated and a little sad that I didn't' know what we were having. So Clayton seeing I was upset goes..."Well here's the deal, either you can have what I was going to get you for birthday or we can go find out early what the baby is!!" I perked up and said YES!!! So we drove down to the mall.
We went to Fetal Studio in the South Towne Mall and can I just say I wish the doctor was my OBGYN because he was so funny and made you feel so comfortable (He was a doctor in Europe but when he came to the US he wasn't able to continue medicine so he decided to do gender checks among a few other things) Any who so we start the Ultra sound and he is pointing things out and then he goes what do you see? I really couldn't see anything and said "is it a girl?" Clayton and I both thought at first it was a girl because we couldn't see anything between the legs. The Doctors said: "WHAT?! YOU CAN'T SEE THAT!?" he then swiveled the ultra sound thingy and there it was a little penis. After I saw it there was NO doubt that it was indeed our little boy!! We got to see him wiggle around, suck his thumb, see him swallow and wiggle his fingers.
After we found out Clayton took me to Lunch to Training Table (first of all not as good as I remember. I mean it was still good but training table was held to a high standard growing up only because on some occasions my mom and her friends would bring the daughters along on the girls nights out and we would always go to training table. So I guess now I love the memories more then the actual food!) While we ordered our food, waited for the said food and ate the food I kept tearing up! Clayton kept asking if I was ok to which I responded "YES WERE HAVING OUR LITTLE RUGER!!!" It funny how A) seeing the baby makes you more attached and B) how knowing the sex makes the bond that much stronger!!
We then went to tell both families what the sex was. Clayton's family had no idea we even found out so we randomly brought blue balloons in and confused them for a bit:)
Then we took yellow balloons to my family's and had a note inside saying ITS A BOY!! That my mom popped! It was fun.
All in all were so happy I can't wait to meet little Ruger K.C. (K.C. is for both Grandpas Kurt and Charles) Fraughton!! He is already loved so much! I had my 20 week apt. today YAY HALF WAY DONE!!! WAHOO!! They said everything looks great and i'm actually measuring 4 days ahead of what we thought but they won't change the due date because its not to big of a difference.
So with out further a due here is our little guy at 19 weeks...



0 comments :
Post a Comment