Michigan Trip 2012
OK ready for a really long post? Here we go...
So our family went to MI the first of October. The day before we left Ruger had been puking so bad so I was super worried for our flight. Ruger was a CHAMP!! He did so good the Flight was awesome.
I know you can't see them in this picture but I love it.
First Time flyers.
I love how the both aren't looking at the camera.
Ruger was so interested by the movie Brave. It was a special occasion so we let him watch.
We visited some of my favorite parts of MI. I got show Clayton parts of my childhood, It was fun and exciting to share that with Clayton and Ruger though Ruger wont remember I'm sure.
One of the places we went to was Middleton. Its where my Mother grew up through grade school. We always go to the little grocery store. My mom and aunts would walk there to get candy and treats when the were young. The place looks the same. Its a funny tiny little store.
The house where my mom lived. Though it doesn't look as good as when my mom lived there.
We LOVE FAYGO. We can only get it when we go back east. So we stock up. Though we have heard that it will start being sold in Utah soon!! We are crossing our fingers!
The next place you will never appreciate it till you have gone, its Lake Michigan. It beautiful and looks just like the ocean. It has the perks of the ocean, like sun, sand, and waves. Plus the bonus of NO SHARKS AND NO SALT!! The down side was we went in October and on the most windy day we were there. Sand was flying every where and the waves we crazy!! We still had fun:)
We always get cider from Uncle Johns Cider Mill. It was fun for the most part but Ruger and I spent most of the time in the car because he didn't like the wind.
Michigan is beautiful the colors were amazing and sadly I didn't get really any good shots. They also have beautiful fields everywhere and you can't drive more then two minutes with out seeing a old or new barn.
One night a few of the cousins went out to dinner. We laughed so hard. I'm sure everyone else was annoyed;)
We also always get Pizza Sam's.
My Grandma makes the best pancakes ever!! She made them several times while we were there!
Ruger Loves his Uncle David:)
The flight back was pretty good. We got to star gaze a mile in the sky so that was fun!! Though we hit some pretty bad turbulence and we were bouncing like crazy. Ruger looked a bit scared and was holding me tightly. At one point I looked down at him and asked if he wanted his daddy. He NODDED!! It was so cute! As soon as he was in daddy's arms he was fine!! I know it touched Clayton because Ruger has been quite a mommy's boy lately. When landed Ruger decided it would be fun to pee all over mommy!
The last thing I want to talk about it that before both flights Ruger was given a blessing because I was worried about him since he had been sick. Both flights he was amazing!! He had about 10-15 minutes each flight where he was the best but hey I'll take it:)
All in all it was a great trip! I'm so glad we went and I will cherish the memories forever!

0 comments :
Post a Comment